Saturday, February 1, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday, January 6, 2014
For those who have not heard I am sorry to tell you that my pregnancy is not viable.
Last Monday we went to the doctor and there was no heart beat. However the baby was measuring the exact size it needed to be and there wasn't showing any trauma to the uterus. The doctor decided to wait until Friday to make any calls but to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
In preparation for the worst I needed to see a hematologist to attempt to categorize my Von Willebrand disease. And to let my doc know what drug I needed to control any bleeding if surgery was needed.
Then on Friday we had another ultrasound and a visit with the doctor. Again there was no heart beat but now the baby was measuring small. However my uterus is still intact while showing no trauma to it. With that being said I needed to have the surgery for two reasons one I probably won't pass it on my own and second because of my Von willebrands they need to be able to watch my bleeding so I don't over bleed etc.
So on Thursday I will be having surgery. I want everyone to know first we have known for awhile and this we have been able to find peace with The Lord and in our own home. Second for those who feel bad for talking to me about pregnancy things please don't feel bad.
I am still feeling all of the normal pregnancy symptoms and will for the rest of the week because the baby is still inside of me.
We love all of you and are thankful for your concerns.
Monday, September 23, 2013
I know I haven't blogged in awhile and I will about life very soon. But today isn't so much about me. Its about Rosie. Everyone (if you follow my facebook or instagram) have seen my #runforrosie photos. And everyone is asking questions like what are you running for, who is Rosie, and how can I help. So I thought it would be appropriate to make a blog about it. Now if you have additions to this please go ahead and comment and I will update this post in a week or so and add things.
So first thing first. I am running because I have a cause. My cause is The Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis. What is Cystic Fibrosis you ask? Well watch this little clip. Yes it is cheesy but it is the best way to understand it.
Saturday, August 10, 2013
1. Camping on June 25th we went camping with Matt and Amanda! We love these two to death! camping is something we have been dying to do since we have been here although we didn't have many friends who thought camping sounded like much fun. But it was great! We rented kayaks and played in the lake all day! Had great food and even better company. On our last day things went a little south. We got the call that changed everything....
2. So vacation number 2 this call is what created vacation number two. Ben's grandfather, or step grandfather (either or) passed away. It was a bitter sweet thing because well he had been suffering from alzheimer's for that past few years and seeing him in pain was hard to do. So after the call we packed up and headed home (we were heading home anyway that day) so the next night Ben went to work and when he got home we started the drive home. We made it up Friday night at 8:00 and had durangos with our cousins Whit and Sam. After we headed to the Last's so we could meet baby Rosie. Who is absolutely adorable! Bryan and Sara did a pretty dang good job! Rosie is a very special baby who is suffering from Cystic Fibrosis. I have to say Bryan and Sara are amazing parents and are a great example of faith. Then we headed to my mom's for sleep. The next morning we headed to the funeral. It was extremely hard. Ben and I both went to support Grandma Geri but realized that we needed to be there for us. Ben was over come by emotions from loosing his best friend a few years ago. And of course seeing my husband in that type of turmoil broke my heart. During the funeral ben's grandfather's best friend spoke. It broke Ben's heart. So when given the chance Ben got up to speak and he talked about how he is still trying to get over the death of his best friend even almost five years later. Later that night we made it up to Oscars with Sam and Whit for dinner. Sam has a blog about finding the best burgers in Utah http://samburgered.blogspot.com/ its pretty funny! So we ate a lot of burgers this trip! Sunday we skipped church but were able to be there for baby Rosie's baby blessing. Bryan did a great job at blessing her. We were able to see most of our family this trip so it made our next trip a lot easier.
3. This was a road trip that consisted of two trips. First after returning home on the first we cleaned up the house and started to prepare for this next trip. So on July 11 we packed up the car and cleaned the house and then got a good nights rest for the long drive back home. We made it home after 3 horrible rain storms, 2 dust storms, and at least 4 car accidents. But we got to my grandmas around 11. And luckily my cousins were there to welcome me home! We talked for a bit then crashed. Luckily our trip was so much fun! Scott and Kim drove down to see us and we got to meet Hadley Jo who we feel deeply in love with. We spent the week with family and friends. On Tuesday Ben hiked the Subway with his friends and a agent from here in Douglas. (I was training for this hike however the day before we came up my knee gave out, like bad for some reason I had to pee at 2 am and I got to the bathroom just fine then when I washed my hands I stepped down and my knee felt like that moment when you are holding to end of a stick and you bend it and it feels like it is going to snap. so we thought it best I don't hike the Subway). The final weekend we got to see Rick, Jess, Lacey, and Jack! It was great!
4. Monday morning we headed to San Diego! That was a great trip! We stayed at the Kimpton in the gas lamp quaters we walked around the shops then headed to Sea Port Village for dinner and planned out our next day! The next day we took to history and went on the USS Midway! That was amazing to be on and I have a new found place in my heart for those who have fought and are fighting. Then we took a nap on the beach and headed to go on the Seal Tours. That was pretty cool to we got to see seals and how the Navy is training seals and dolphins to help with their work. After we went back for a quick nap then to get ready for a night on the town we ate at a million differnt spots. We had 2 small appitizers at 2 different places and 1 meal at another then desserts else where then stopped in to a jazz club for some hanging out. It was a great trip. The next morning we headed out to Coronado Island for some beack time before heading to Yuma.
5. Heading to Yuma was a boring ride but the fact that Yuma is a boarder town and only 3 hours away made me want to move to Yuma ASAP! It was a nice place and we got some shut eye before heading home. And being home is great! We are finally back in a normal routine and I can't wait for our next adventure.
when I get all of the photos on the computer I will post them.
Monday, May 27, 2013
Well here we go again! I am starting this journey again, and it will be my last time, I think last time was only because Ben was starting his journey and I was just going to be supportive but this go around its all me. So here is what I decided to do. I got in the wrapping band wagon. (my theory is even if it doesn't stay off it is great motivation, and yes I am willing to pay for motivation). So Monday I wrapped, and started to watch my portions, and I went on a three mile bike ride (I know that isn't long but it was a start). I also weighed and measured my stomach (not sure why but I didn't think of the rest of myself). I started to also take the ITWORKS! Greens supplement and I won't lie that stuff is amazing it tastes horrible unless with juice but I definitely can tell the difference when I use it and don't.
So I have had trial and error for all of this stuff I still love ITWORKS! Greens and I am still wrapping but I have changed so many things that I can't always keep up with it. So after all my research and changing things this is my schedule that has worked for me and what has given me the best results.
6:30 I wake up, brush my teeth, get dressed, and drink water.
7:00 I walk my girls for 20 minutes.
7:30 I eat breakfast an egg and a whole grain wheat toast with a cup of fruit
8:00 I brush my dogs and work on my daily routine (pick up my house, budget, filing, laundry, etc)
10:00 Yoga or brisk walk plus a snack
11:30-3:00 extra errands and nap time (yes I take a nap)
3:10 make Ben's lunch and have a snack
3:30 I go to the Gym (at the gym I run at least 3 miles and then do weights for an hour)
7:00 work on church things
I feel like my day is completely full but I feel so good about it that I literally miss it. Everyday this changes not a lot but of course things happen. Our weekend is in the middle of the week and then normal weekends the gym has different hours. But this is what I base my day off of. I have currently lost 8 pounds and 2.5 inches around my stomach. I am not to worried about the weight as much as I am the inches. I love that I am losing.
Sunday, April 7, 2013
My mom and I spent the whole first and second days together we got up and she had an appointment so I went to the Spendloves and saw my bestie Whitney Stephen (Spendlove) I gave her a baby gift talked for a bit about the upcoming wedding for her baby sister and I headed out the door. We spent the entire day in St. G we shopped went to Ulta got our eyebrows done ate at Paradise bakery did more shopping and went home to see my grandma. I seriously love seeing the look on my Grandma Joyce's face when i get to see her. It is the greatest. We had dinner with her, my Uncle Kent, and Uncle Larry. Great times! They crack me up!! Most of the week I spent with my mom, grandma, Uncle Kent, Uncle Larry, and Whitney. All up until Friday. I spent Friday prepping for the wedding and actually helping at the wedding. Saturday I spent watching my nieces first soccer game, taking a nap, seeing my dad, seeing Jessica, and my sister in law Jenny and her family. Sunday I skipped church (I know I am a sinner, ha ha) Ken took my mom, me, and the kids to IHOP for breakfast then to the airport to see his airplane, unfortunately he had to go and the kids were really sad but we had a good time. We went back to my moms for a movie, of course we couldn't just watch a movie we had to make a fort. After we headed to my brothers for dinner. I really miss him a lot. I know the past few years we have drifted because life gets in the way but I really miss him. Getting to actually talk with him was great. Monday I spent with my dad, and Jessica, and finally made it to meet Ian, Travis, and Ians fiance Heather. After I headed back home to see my grams before packing.
Tuesday was really hard. I said all my goodbyes but the hardest was leaving my grandma and my mom. I stayed with my grams for a few hours. I was getting ready to leave and my Grandma said "I love Ben and I love you but I just want to keep you here." I bawled my eyes out I hated to leave her. Then we headed to St.G grabbed some new g's. Grabbed some food and headed to the airport. We waited until the last minute to say goodbye literally they had to call me on the speaker thing to get me there. We hugged cried and even the TSA agents felt bad. So I headed home on a jet plane.
I did meet a pretty cool dude on my second flight. He was headed home to Tucson from London where he is living for his schooling. It was fun to talk to him about politics and the Arizonian life.