Saturday, September 20, 2014
WE STARTED FOSTER CARE to ADOPT!
We had orientation last week and are 100% sure this is what we should be doing. What we are doing is Foster Care with the option to Adopt. We decided we are happy to take 2 kids age 0-5, 3 if there is a family. The main goal for Foster Care is to reunite the family back together. However IF the child or children are put up for adoption we get the chance to keep them. This is our plan.
We have always wanted to do this. Right now our house is just feeling to big for two people. We want a family so bad unfortunately there is another plan for us. So in the mean time we might at well open our house up for kids to feel loved.
The next step is to start our classes about how this program works and working with kids. We start on Oct 21 and we should be completely licensed by my birthday.
We are so excited for this. Of course it puts a damper on any travel outside of Arizona. But that is ok. We will work it out.
Nothing super exciting happened in February other than I turned 24. Ben made me a reading bench for my little garden so I can have a place outside. I pretty much just hung out with little man and Ben. If it wasn't for them my black hole would have gotten much bigger. But I had things to do and February was mainly made of keeping me busy.
March is always exciting in this home. Spring Break is upon us and Ben's family comes down. We hit up two spring training games in Phoenix and then headed to Tucson where I took my mother in law for some pampering and fancy dinner. We also hit up the Biosphere (it really was super cool).
April is always one of my favorite months it is our anniversary month and Ben has a birthday. So this year we celebrated 5 years married and 5.5 years together. We went back for a honeymoon to San Diego we hit up Sea World, the Zoo and San Diego Safari. By far the Safari and Sea world were the best. The Zoo was fun but it was so packed and crazy.
May was my last month watching little man so I did my best to make the best of it. Other than that not much went on just stayed busy. Ben and I got new callings. I was called to Faith in God and Primary teacher. Ben became apart of the bishopric as Executive Secretary. Also Rick and Jess finally made the move down! We are pretty stoked to have our friends from back home down here.
June I made a trip home to see my cousins for my grandmas surprise birthday party. It was so much fun to see my family. I got to meet my niece Berkley and see my friend who got home from her mission. It was a great trip but I was so excited to come home to my husband.
July was a rough month for me. I had put so many emotions on the back burner and while searching for a job it started to sink in that I was leaving my husband and all the emotions that I put away came back. So July was a me month I worked on figuring things out for me. Then Ben and I made a decision you will read about it later.
August. I was finally feeling better and ready to get back into life. So I started to eat better and go walking with friends. It was a really good month. Jessica doesn't have a car during the day so we tend to hang out all day ha ha!
Now to this month..... look for the next post :)
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday, January 6, 2014
For those who have not heard I am sorry to tell you that my pregnancy is not viable.
Last Monday we went to the doctor and there was no heart beat. However the baby was measuring the exact size it needed to be and there wasn't showing any trauma to the uterus. The doctor decided to wait until Friday to make any calls but to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
In preparation for the worst I needed to see a hematologist to attempt to categorize my Von Willebrand disease. And to let my doc know what drug I needed to control any bleeding if surgery was needed.
Then on Friday we had another ultrasound and a visit with the doctor. Again there was no heart beat but now the baby was measuring small. However my uterus is still intact while showing no trauma to it. With that being said I needed to have the surgery for two reasons one I probably won't pass it on my own and second because of my Von willebrands they need to be able to watch my bleeding so I don't over bleed etc.
So on Thursday I will be having surgery. I want everyone to know first we have known for awhile and this we have been able to find peace with The Lord and in our own home. Second for those who feel bad for talking to me about pregnancy things please don't feel bad.
I am still feeling all of the normal pregnancy symptoms and will for the rest of the week because the baby is still inside of me.
We love all of you and are thankful for your concerns.
Monday, September 23, 2013
I know I haven't blogged in awhile and I will about life very soon. But today isn't so much about me. Its about Rosie. Everyone (if you follow my facebook or instagram) have seen my #runforrosie photos. And everyone is asking questions like what are you running for, who is Rosie, and how can I help. So I thought it would be appropriate to make a blog about it. Now if you have additions to this please go ahead and comment and I will update this post in a week or so and add things.
So first thing first. I am running because I have a cause. My cause is The Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis. What is Cystic Fibrosis you ask? Well watch this little clip. Yes it is cheesy but it is the best way to understand it.
Saturday, August 10, 2013
1. Camping on June 25th we went camping with Matt and Amanda! We love these two to death! camping is something we have been dying to do since we have been here although we didn't have many friends who thought camping sounded like much fun. But it was great! We rented kayaks and played in the lake all day! Had great food and even better company. On our last day things went a little south. We got the call that changed everything....
2. So vacation number 2 this call is what created vacation number two. Ben's grandfather, or step grandfather (either or) passed away. It was a bitter sweet thing because well he had been suffering from alzheimer's for that past few years and seeing him in pain was hard to do. So after the call we packed up and headed home (we were heading home anyway that day) so the next night Ben went to work and when he got home we started the drive home. We made it up Friday night at 8:00 and had durangos with our cousins Whit and Sam. After we headed to the Last's so we could meet baby Rosie. Who is absolutely adorable! Bryan and Sara did a pretty dang good job! Rosie is a very special baby who is suffering from Cystic Fibrosis. I have to say Bryan and Sara are amazing parents and are a great example of faith. Then we headed to my mom's for sleep. The next morning we headed to the funeral. It was extremely hard. Ben and I both went to support Grandma Geri but realized that we needed to be there for us. Ben was over come by emotions from loosing his best friend a few years ago. And of course seeing my husband in that type of turmoil broke my heart. During the funeral ben's grandfather's best friend spoke. It broke Ben's heart. So when given the chance Ben got up to speak and he talked about how he is still trying to get over the death of his best friend even almost five years later. Later that night we made it up to Oscars with Sam and Whit for dinner. Sam has a blog about finding the best burgers in Utah http://samburgered.blogspot.com/ its pretty funny! So we ate a lot of burgers this trip! Sunday we skipped church but were able to be there for baby Rosie's baby blessing. Bryan did a great job at blessing her. We were able to see most of our family this trip so it made our next trip a lot easier.
3. This was a road trip that consisted of two trips. First after returning home on the first we cleaned up the house and started to prepare for this next trip. So on July 11 we packed up the car and cleaned the house and then got a good nights rest for the long drive back home. We made it home after 3 horrible rain storms, 2 dust storms, and at least 4 car accidents. But we got to my grandmas around 11. And luckily my cousins were there to welcome me home! We talked for a bit then crashed. Luckily our trip was so much fun! Scott and Kim drove down to see us and we got to meet Hadley Jo who we feel deeply in love with. We spent the week with family and friends. On Tuesday Ben hiked the Subway with his friends and a agent from here in Douglas. (I was training for this hike however the day before we came up my knee gave out, like bad for some reason I had to pee at 2 am and I got to the bathroom just fine then when I washed my hands I stepped down and my knee felt like that moment when you are holding to end of a stick and you bend it and it feels like it is going to snap. so we thought it best I don't hike the Subway). The final weekend we got to see Rick, Jess, Lacey, and Jack! It was great!
4. Monday morning we headed to San Diego! That was a great trip! We stayed at the Kimpton in the gas lamp quaters we walked around the shops then headed to Sea Port Village for dinner and planned out our next day! The next day we took to history and went on the USS Midway! That was amazing to be on and I have a new found place in my heart for those who have fought and are fighting. Then we took a nap on the beach and headed to go on the Seal Tours. That was pretty cool to we got to see seals and how the Navy is training seals and dolphins to help with their work. After we went back for a quick nap then to get ready for a night on the town we ate at a million differnt spots. We had 2 small appitizers at 2 different places and 1 meal at another then desserts else where then stopped in to a jazz club for some hanging out. It was a great trip. The next morning we headed out to Coronado Island for some beack time before heading to Yuma.
5. Heading to Yuma was a boring ride but the fact that Yuma is a boarder town and only 3 hours away made me want to move to Yuma ASAP! It was a nice place and we got some shut eye before heading home. And being home is great! We are finally back in a normal routine and I can't wait for our next adventure.
when I get all of the photos on the computer I will post them.